The Un-carrier is going BIG for Pride 2019 – as the presenting sponsor for the first-ever U.S.-based WorldPride parade; by participating in more than 60 other Pride events; and by offering everyone the opportunity to come together to give up to $320,000 (or more!) to the LGBTQ+ community alongside Ariana Grande and others!
What’s the news
This year, T-Mobile is showing its #UnlimitedPride in a BIG WAY! You’ll see the Un-carrier at WorldPride in New York City and at events across the country, and T-Mobile is offering Pride supporters four ways to come together to help donate up to $320,000 (or more!) to the LGBTQ+ community.
Why it matters
Diversity is embedded in T-Mobile’s DNA. The Un-carrier wants to share its commitment to supporting individuality and equality – and encourage everyone to join in!
Who it’s for
Anyone who believes that embracing diversity makes the world a better place.
It’’s Pride 2019, and once again T-Mobile is going ALL IN to celebrate and support LGBTQ+ communities across America. The Un-carrier will be part of history as the sole presenting sponsor for the first-ever U.S.-based WorldPride parade in New York City on June 30, and throughout the month (and year!) employees, friends and family will participate in more than 60 other parades and events across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. And, while Team Magenta is sharing our support on the streets, T-Mobile will also offer ways to give back and support the LGBTQ+ community, no matter where you are located.
“T-Mobile wouldn’t be the company we are without the diversity of our amazing team and that’s why we’re going BIG with our commitment to Pride – and everything it stands for – again this year!” said T-Mobile CEO John Legere. “We love getting to join our communities across the country to celebrate all the things we believe in and stand for - diversity, equality and individuality! We are especially excited to have a big presence at this year’s historic WorldPride in New York City, and we cannot wait to be onsite at other events around the U.S., too. This is going to be amazing!!”
Here are all the details on T-Mobile’s Pride activities:
- Pride Events (Ongoing through November 2019): The Un-Carrier will have more than 4,000 employees and their friends and families participating in events across the U.S. and Puerto Rico – for a full list, click here. This year, for the first time in its 19-year history, WorldPride is coming to America – New York City – and T-Mobile is the presenting sponsor for what is expected to be the biggest Pride parade ever. On June 30, NYC will host an estimated 3 million people and Team Magenta will be there in full force!
T-Mobile is also a presenting sponsor of Seattle Pride (June 30) and Houston Pride (June 22) and a top sponsor San Francisco Pride (June 30).
- #ArianaWithUs (June 14 through June 15): As part of its ongoing partnership with pop-music royalty Ariana Grande, T-Mobile is turning Ariana’s “7 Rings” art installation into an immersive “Pride Walk” outside Barclays Center in Brooklyn during her two-show run on June 14 and June 15. The massive magenta rings will halo a rainbow carpet that fans can stroll – welcoming everyone, whether they’re LGBTQ or allies – with full embrace of Pride at Ariana’s shows. At the end of the carpet will be a video booth where participants can record their own messages of pride and inclusion to post on social media. For every photo of the rings posted with #ArianaWithUs [rainbow emoji], T-Mobile will donate $1 to Human Rights Campaign with the goal of donating up to $200,000 total.
- Pride PopGrips (May 31 through June 30): For a limited time, T-Mobile is partnering with PopSockets to offer a Pride Poptivism PopGrip so folks can show their #UnlimitedPride wherever they go. For each Pride PopGrip purchased, T-Mobile and PopSockets will each donate $2.50 to GLSEN. Together the two companies hope to donate up to $110,000 total.
- Wattpad Write-a-Thon (June 1 through 31): T-Mobile and social storytelling platform Wattpad are teaming up for a monthlong write-a-thon, encouraging users to write stories about a moment, personal or political, that changed their lives as a LGBTQ+ individual or ally. For each Wattpad write-a-thon entry tagged with #UnlimitedPride, T-Mobile will donate $1 to GLSEN up to $10,000.
- Text-to-Give for Customers (June 1 through June 30): During June, customers who text “GLSEN” to 20222 can donate $5 to GLSEN to support its mission to create safe schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The donation will be charged to your next T-Mobile bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at: http://mobilegiving.org/terms-and-conditions.
Here’s what T-Mobile’s giving partners have to say about this year’s Pride activity:
“Ariana Grande has been a longtime supporter of LGBTQ rights and friend to HRC,” said Chad Griffin, Human Rights Campaign President. “Her #ArianaWithUs partnership with T-Mobile, another great friend to the community, allows us to fund crucial work to ensure that everyone is equal, everywhere. Pride is a time to celebrate our progress, but also to reflect on the work we still must do. We’re thankful for the generosity of Ariana and T-Mobile and for this collaboration during Pride.”
“GLSEN is excited to begin a long-lasting partnership with T-Mobile that will make a real impact on the lives of LGBTQ youth,” said Eliza Byard, Executive Director of GLSEN. “Support from T-Mobile will help GLSEN create safe and affirming schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.”
T-Mobile’s ongoing commitment to LGBTQ+ Pride is just one more way the Un-Carrier embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. With more than 62% of the company's employees representing minorities and a 100% score on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index seven years running, T-Mobile is the most diverse wireless network in America and a best place to work for LGBTQ employees. For more info, go to the Diversity & Inclusion homepage.