New T-Mobile app supports eSIM activation on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR for travelers coming to the U.S. and those wanting a secondary prepaid line on a single device
The Un-carrier today launched the T-Mobile eSIM app. Now, travelers to the U.S. and others can use the eSIM on the latest iPhones to add a secondary prepaid line to any unlocked iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. By launching an iOS app, T-Mobile is making it simple to light up eSIM. Just download the app and select a prepaid plan that works for you. No trekking to a store or juggling two different physical SIM cards – adding a line is done from the convenience of the app, wherever you are.
The T-Mobile eSIM app was built for:
- Travelers coming to the U.S.: Eliminate the hassle of buying a temporary phone or hunting down Wi-Fi hotspots by adding a T-Mobile prepaid plan to your iPhone.
- Existing T-Mobile customers: Add a secondary prepaid line on one device and keep your work and personal calls separate.
- Anyone who wants to try T-Mobile: Not yet a T-Mobile customer? Use eSIM to take the Un-carrier out for a test drive and try out America’s fastest 4G LTE network.
Getting started is easy. Download the T-Mobile eSIM app from the App Store. Enter your email and follow the activation steps to select your plan. Current T-Mobile customers will have to enter a new email address if it’s already connected to a T-Mobile account.
T-Mobile offers three prepaid plans for eSIM activation, depending on your needs, and T-Mobile plans to support postpaid plans with eSIM in the future:
- T-Mobile ONE Prepaid with unlimited voice, text, and data for $70; 30 day expiry
- Simply Prepaid with unlimited voice, text, and 10GB of LTE data for $40; 30 day expiry
- Tourist Plan with 1000 minutes, unlimited text, and 2GB of LTE data for $30; 21 day expiry
T-Mobile’s eSIM app supports any T-Mobile or unlocked iPhone XS, XS Max or XR with iOS 12.1.1 or later. To download the T-Mobile eSIM app on iOS, go here.
On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion the small fraction of customers using >50GB/month may notice reduced speeds until next service period due to data prioritization. Plus taxes & fees. Unlimited data while on our network. Not eligible for AutoPay discount. Unlimited talk & text features for direct communications between 2 people; others (e.g., chat lines) may cost extra. No cash redemption value. Non-refundable. Simply Prepaid & Tourist Plan: Full speeds available up to data allotment, including tethering; then slowed to 2G speeds for balance of service period. Click here for prepaid plan details.
Explore new features, colors, and pricing of the stunning new Apple iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, and iPhone 13 mini today. You can also explore the latest 5G phones or check out Apple deals on the newest iPhones, iPads, and watches.