Newest Version of the ‘Ultimate Communications Device’ Debuts in Hollywood With a Sleeker Design and Enhanced Features
Bellevue, Wash. and Hollywood, Calif. — Jun. 20, 2006
T-Mobile USA, Inc. today announces the availability of the newest generation of the T-Mobile® Sidekick®, while the highly anticipated device makes its official public debut tonight among Hollywood’s elite.
Existing T-Mobile customers will be the first to be able to purchase the T-Mobile Sidekick 3. For an initial 12-day period beginning on Wednesday, June 28, limited quantities of the in-demand all-in-one communications device will be available exclusively to current T-Mobile USA post-paid customers — through the company’s online handset upgrade program accessible through www.sidekick.com, and in person at two designated T-Mobile retail stores.*
T-Mobile Sidekick 3 will be available to the general public at T-Mobile retail stores and online at www.sidekick.com beginning on Monday, July 10.
Tonight, in the heart of Hollywood, T-Mobile Sidekick fans and celebrities alike will celebrate the arrival of the newest version of the ultimate communications device. They will walk the red carpet at The Hollywood Palladium and enter an “ultimate dream world” where imagination, fun and spontaneity will run wild, capturing the essence of the T-Mobile Sidekick’s fashionable roots and trend-setting spirit.
“The T-Mobile Sidekick 3 is a social lifeline; it’s a must-have device for those who need to be in touch with their circle of friends on their terms,” said Chidam Chidambaram, vice president, Marketing, T-Mobile USA, Inc. “Featuring new enhancements and added features requested by avid users, T-Mobile Sidekick 3 delivers best on what it promises: a rich, user-friendly communications experience that meets the needs of anyone who wants to be connected.”
The T-Mobile Sidekick 3 has a sleek design that is 20 percent smaller than its predecessor, and features a new trackball for easy one-handed navigation and integrated Bluetooth® technology for wireless headset use. The device is also enhanced with a new MP3 player, removable battery, and Mini-SD card slot for expandable memory.
In addition to the phone capabilities, the device provides text messaging, e-mail and built-in support for the three major instant messenger (IM) clients (AIM®, Yahoo! ® Messenger and MSN Messenger) to help customers stay on track with their personal lives (separate charges apply).
Other additional Sidekick 3 capabilities, which will enable T-Mobile customers to stay connected to their friends and family wherever they go, include integrated support for EDGE, which provides for faster download speeds for subscribers’ favorite social networking sites and all other Web sites; and a built-in megapixel camera for capturing those once-in-a-lifetime spontaneous moments.
Key new features of T-Mobile Sidekick 3 include these:
- Built-in support for all three major IM clients (AIM, Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger)
- Full HTML browser with enhancements for faster downloading and optimized viewing
- Automatic connection to the EDGE radio technology network for improved communication through faster downloading and improved coverage
- Sleeker design that is 20 percent smaller for a more natural feeling in your hand and pocket
- Trackball for one-handed navigation to easily access more functions
- Built-in Bluetooth support for wireless headset use and vCard exchange
- Integrated 1.3 megapixel camera with supplemental LED flash for close-range illumination and a convex mirror for self-portraits
- MP3 player with support for a stereo headset
- Mini-SD card slot for expandable memory available for storing photos, music and more
- Speedier ARM9 processor
- Replaceable battery pack with added capacity
For more information on T-Mobile Sidekick 3, please visit www.sidekick.com.
* Upgrade eligibility requirements apply. T-Mobile Retail Stores that will offer T-Mobile Sidekick 3 to walk-in T-Mobile customers are located at 307 Madison Ave. (at 42nd St.) in New York City and 335 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica, Calif.
T-Mobile USA Media Relations
About T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA, Inc. is the U.S. wireless operation of Deutsche Telekom AG. By the end of the first quarter of 2010, approximately 150 million mobile customers were served by the mobile communication segments of the Deutsche Telekom group – 33.7 million by T-Mobile USA – all via a common technology platform based on GSM and UMTS, the world’s most widely used digital wireless standards. T-Mobile USA’s innovative wireless products and services help empower people to connect to those who matter most. Multiple independent research studies continue to rank T-Mobile among the highest in numerous regions throughout the U.S. in wireless customer care and call quality. For more information, please visit http://www.T-Mobile.com. T-Mobile is a federally registered trademark of Deutsche Telekom AG.