Industry veterans join Layer3 TV in building The New Cable®
As Layer3 TV prepares to expand its service, the company announced the addition of industry veterans joining the Content Advisory Board to help the next-generation cable company continue to be a leading partner with content providers and offer the best service possible to its customers in Washington D.C., Chicago, Colorado and Southern California. The new advisors are: John Hane, Preston Padden, Michael Regan, Jeff Sherwin and Dave Shull. This seasoned group joins Sean Riley and Brian Brady, as previously announced, with Layer3 TV’s Chief Content Officer, Lindsay Gardner at the helm of the Board.
Layer3 TV set out to be a great partner to content providers while also giving our customers a phenomenal experience,” Lindsay Gardner, chief content officer for Layer3 TV, said. “This group of talented executives supporting the company and joining the Content Advisory Board demonstrates that and will bolster the energy and success of Layer3 TV. Together, this group brings decades of experience and knowledge related to content acquisition, partnership and utilization strategies.
The new board members include:
- John Hane is a Partner at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP. Hane represents broadcasters, programmers and distributors. He is a skilled litigator, has secured key technology patents, and achieved landmark decisions at the FCC and in federal court. His past experiences include in-house counsel at NBC, New World Communications Group and Lockheed Martin, as well as a non-lawyer executive officer spearheading development projects at Pegasus Communications.
- Preston Padden’s career in the media business includes serving as President, Network Distribution, Fox Broadcasting Company; Chairman and CEO, American Sky Broadcasting (merged into DISH Network); President, ABC Television Network; and Executive Vice-President, Government Relations, The Walt Disney Company. Padden has served on the Boards of The National Association of Broadcasters and The Motion Picture Association of America.
- Michael Regan previously served as 21st Century Fox’s Executive Vice President of Global Public Policy leading Fox’s legislative and regulatory efforts in Washington D.C. and globally for over 15 years. Prior to 21st Century Fox., Regan was Senior Vice President of External Affairs at NextWave Telecom and Telecommunications Counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives’ Committee on Commerce.
- Jeff Sherwin is a consultant and angel investor. Sherwin previously served as Founder and CEO of This Technology, Inc., acquired by Comcast in 2015. He specializes in dynamic ad insertion and connecting video operations and advertising to monetize content on every screen. Prior to This Technology, Sherwin was a cofounder and managing director or Cauldron Solutions (now Anystream Media).
- Dave Shull is CEO of Weather Group, which offers The Weather Channel television network and LocalNow on demand local news product. Shull previously served as Chief Commercial Officer and Executive Vice President at DISH Network; Senior Vice President of Content Acquisition and Programming at DISH Network; and Managing Director of EchoStar International.
About T-Mobile US, Inc.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. Our advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 75.6 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
About Layer3 TV
Layer3 TV, Inc. is The New Cable®. Layer3 TV offers customers a revolutionary, intuitive interface that seamlessly integrates the best of cable TV, premium channels, streaming online video content, social media, and smart home devices. Founded in 2013, the company is backed by highly respected players in entertainment and private equity including Evolution Media (whose shareholders include TPG Growth, Creative Artists Agency, and Jeff Skoll/Participant Media), Paulson and Company, Inc., Altice, and North Bridge Venture Partners. To learn more follow Layer3 TV on Twitter and Facebook or visit layer3tv.com.