Hurricane Michael’s impact came into full view on Thursday when T-Mobile techs could access and assess areas of impact. It’s clear the damage to some of the communities will take some time to repair. Our top priority is doing what we can to get our customers back up and running as soon as possible. We will also continue to evaluate how we can support our customers, employees and these communities in recovery efforts.
Network Updates (updated as of October 22, 2018)
- All sites in affected areas are operational and service in Bay and Gulf counties (Florida) has been restored.
Customer Updates (updated as of October 24, 2018)
- T-Mobile is offering free service through the end of the month (including features and applicable late fees, sim starter kits, and device replacement fees) for postpaid, Magenta Prepaid, and Metro customers in areas with continued network impact. The credit does not apply to device charges, down payments, deposits, and insurance features. Postpaid and Metro customers will receive the free service via bill credit, and T-Mobile prepaid customers will have their renew date extended. Zip codes included are:
- Gulf County: 32456, 32465, 32457
- Bay County: 32401, 32403, 32404, 32405, 32407, 32408, 32409, 32413, 32428, 32437, 32438, 32444, 32456, 32462, 32466, 32402, 32406, 32410, 32411, 32412, 32417
- Through the end of October, we are:
- suspending collections for impacted customers
- waiving fees for customers who choose to come to T-Mobile (we don’t charge fees for customers who choose to leave)
- waiving device replacement fees
Community Support Updates (updated as of November 5, 2018)
- T-Mobile support trucks are located around the Panama City area to offer customers phones, accessories and other supplies. From 10am to 4pm EST through November 9, trucks are located at:
- Panama City Mall 2150 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Panama City, FL 32405
- Wal-Mart 10270 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach 32407
- Wal-Mart Supercenter 725 N Tyndall Pkwy, Callaway FL 32404
- Wal-Mart Supercenter 513 W. 23rd St., Panama City FL 32405
- Cell On Wheels (COWs) are stationed in Panama City, Mexico Beach, Marianna, and Blountstown. Portable generators, Cells on Light Trucks (CoLTS), fuel trucks and other vehicles are also in locations such as hospitals, shelters, etc.
- T-Mobile is offering ‘Text to Give’ to help those affected by Hurricane Michael:
- To donate $10 to the American Red Cross, text MICHAEL to 90999. The donation will be charged to your next carrier bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at: http://www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-conditions/
- To donate $10 to the Volunteer Florida Foundation, text DISASTER to 20222. The donation will be charged to your next T-Mobile bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at: http://www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-conditions
- To donate $25 to the Volunteer Florida Foundation, text DISASTER25 to 20222. The donation will be charged to your next T-Mobile bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at: http://www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-condition
- T-Mobile is once again supporting military veteran-led Team Rubicon’s hurricane recovery efforts, including those for Hurricane Michael, this MLB Postseason, by pledging $5,000 per home run plus $1 per Twitter or Instagram post using #HR4HR. Everyone – T-Mobile customer or not – can pitch in by posting on Twitter and Instagram.