Name ID app for iOS and an update to Name ID for Android giving customers more control over who can reach them on their phone than ever before. Name ID delivers premium call control including personal number blocking, reverse number lookup and now control over entire categories of robocalls such as telemarketers and political surveyors – letting you automatically send calls from these groups to voicemail, if you choose.T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced a new
Robocalls are an increasing problem in the US and volume has skyrocketed in recent years, reaching an estimated 5.1 billion people in October of 2018. That’s an average of 7.1 million calls per hour or 2000 robocalls happening every second.
When activated, Name ID lets you:
- Control who reaches you: Easily block and unblock callers right from your call log. Set number blocklists so that even when your phone is turned off, or you’re on another call, calls on your blocklist will never reach you.
- Manage calls by category: Robocalls are annoying. Name ID lets you send entire categories of certain types of callers directly to voicemail – including telemarketers, numbers that have been tagged as nuisance calls, political calls, survey calls and more…and do the same for individual callers.
- Know who is calling: Identify calls from unknown phone numbers, even those not in your address book. Not only will a number show up, but a name or type of organization, too – for over 600 million numbers. Plus, you can easily do a quick reverse phone lookup to instantly see who’s texting you.
- Stay in control – even on a new device: All your settings are saved at the network level, so if your phone is ever lost or stolen, all your settings stay with you – and your new device.
- Be in the know: Enable notifications in your call settings to see who got blocked or sent to voicemail.
Name ID is included in T-Mobile ONE Plus. All T-Mobile postpaid customers – including T-Mobile for Business customers – can add Name ID for just $4/month per line. T-Mobile has offered Name ID for Android since April 2017, and you can download the recently upgraded app from Google Play or update your app if you already have it. T-Mobile customers with iOS can download the Name ID app today in the App Store and activate the service through their T-Mobile account or by calling 611 from their T-Mobile phone.
Name ID is the premium offering in T-Mobile’s consumer protection family, which also includes the free services Scam ID and Scam Block, which launched in March 2017. With these technologies, in the last 18 months, T-Mobile has flagged over 6.6 billion calls as Scam Likely and blocked more than a billion scam calls. T-Mobile is also first to announce readiness for both the FCC-recommended STIR/SHAKEN standards and is first to launch new technology at the network level to give customers even more security than before from the increasingly common “Neighborhood Spoofing.”
For more information on the ways T-Mobile is protecting customers from unwanted calls please visit https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/call-protection.
Name ID B-Roll Video
Qualifying service and capable device required. Scam Block and Name ID: Enabling blocking may inadvertently block desired calls. Disable at any time. Info for some unknown numbers not available.
About T-Mobile US, Inc.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. Our advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 77.2 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit https://www.t-mobile.com.