CUSTOMER SUPPORT (UPDATED 10/10)
T-Mobile is offering free calling/texting/data for active postpaid and prepaid customers in Florida who are not already on an unlimited plan. (Pay as you Go and postpaid plans that do not include data will receive free talk/text only). Area codes included are:
- Florida: 850, 352, 386, 251, 334
- Georgia: 770, 706, 404, 478, 912, 229
COMMUNITY SUPPORT (UPDATED 10/10)
T-Mobile is offering ‘Text to Give’ to help those affected by Hurricane Michael:
- To donate $10 to the American Red Cross, text MICHAEL to 90999. The donation will be charged to your next carrier bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at: http://www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-conditions/
- To donate $10 to the Volunteer Florida Foundation, text DISASTER to 20222. The donation will be charged to your next T-Mobile bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at: http://www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-conditions
- To donate $25 to the Volunteer Florida Foundation, text DISASTER25 to 20222. The donation will be charged to your next T-Mobile bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at: http://www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-condition
PRESS RELEASE (POSTED 10/8)
Bellevue, Washington – October 8, 2018 – As Hurricane Michael approaches the Gulf Coast, T-Mobile is prepared and ready to take care of customers who may be impacted by the storm. Some of our efforts include:
- More permanent generators in Florida and additional infrastructure to hundreds of towers to help minimize network interruptions.
- Engineering and rapid response teams positioned to quickly activate emergency equipment such as portable generators, fuel trucks, Cell On Wheels (COWs), Cells on Light Trucks (CoLTS), fuel and diesel trucks and other vehicles.
- Continuously monitoring community needs to ensure we’re doing everything we can to help with preparations as well as in any aftermath of the storm.
If you are in an area that could potentially be impacted, we encourage you to charge devices and backup power packs now while power is intact. Please follow any evacuation orders that may be issued by local authorities.
For safety tips and more information on how T-Mobile prepares for storms and hurricanes: https://www.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobile-prepares-for-2018-hurricane-season
For questions about your account or service, visit www.my.t-mobile.com or call 611 from your T-Mobile handset.
For the latest information on the storms: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/cyclones/