Important notice: repeat violation of our Terms & Conditions will now result in the violating line on your account losing access to unlimited smartphone data plans and moving to our 2GB 4G LTE plan
Our Unlimited 4G LTE on your smartphone plan includes a set amount of 4G LTE data that can be used for Smartphone Mobile HotSpot to share your phone’s internet with other devices. Once that data is exhausted customers can continue to enjoy unlimited 4G LTE data on their smartphone only, plus use Smartphone Mobile HotSpot at up to 2G speeds for the remainder of their bill cycle. Some users bypass plan limits in order to receive more 4G LTE Smartphone Mobile HotSpot data than they paid for, continuing to service devices other than their smartphones. This violates T-Mobile’s Terms and Conditions and can also negatively impact the experience for other customers. In these cases, we will take steps to ensure that our Terms and Conditions are not abused.
We previously notified you that a line on your account had used methods that conceal Smartphone Mobile Hotspot usage and, as a result, it had significantly exceeded the limit on its plan; a violation of T-Mobile’s Terms and Conditions. We let you know that, if repeated, that line would lose access to our Unlimited 4G LTE plans and be moved to our entry-level 2GB 4G LTE plan.
Because this line continued to violate our Terms & Conditions in this way:
- The line of service referenced in the SMS message you received will no longer permitted to be on a plan with unlimited 4G LTE smartphone data. Any attempt to switch back to such a plan will be systematically blocked.
- That line will be moved to our up to 2GB 4G LTE data plan. The data on this new plan can be used for smartphone or other devices via Smartphone Mobile HotSpot. A monthly rate plan cost savings of at least $10 will be reflected on the following bill.
- If this move occurs in the middle of your bill cycle and the line has already used more than 2GB of high-speed data for this bill cycle, it will immediately experience reduced data speed, up to 128kbps, until the start of your next bill cycle. For more details, go to t-mo.co/Upgrade-4G.
- You will no longer be eligible for features or feature discounts for which an unlimited on-smartphone LTE plan is required.
- You will have the choice to upgrade this line to a higher limited 4G LTE data plan that best fits your needs at any time via the T-Mobile App on your phone, logging into my.t-mobile.com, or calling 1-877-275-1735 FREE Monday-Friday between the hours of 5am and 5pm PST. Please note that if you decided to cancel this line’s service and it has an existing EIP (Equipment Installment Plan) or lease balance, it would be charged in full on your final bill.
T-Mobile’s Terms and Conditions
Open Internet Policy