Important notice: repeat violation of our Terms & Conditions will now result in all lines on your account moving to our 2GB 4G LTE plan and the violator line losing access to unlimited smartphone LTE data plans.
Our Unlimited 4G LTE on your smartphone plan includes a set amount of 4G LTE data that can be used for Smartphone Mobile HotSpot to share your phone’s internet with other devices. Once that data is exhausted customers can continue to enjoy unlimited 4G LTE data on their smartphone only, plus use Smartphone Mobile HotSpot at up to 2G speeds for the remainder of their bill cycle. Some users bypass plan limits in order to receive more 4G LTE Smartphone Mobile HotSpot data than they paid for, continuing to service devices other than their smartphones. This violates T-Mobile’s Terms and Conditions and can also negatively impact the experience for other customers. In these cases, we will take steps to ensure that our Terms and Conditions are not abused.
We previously notified you that a line on your account had actively used methods that conceal Smartphone Mobile Hotspot usage and, as a result, it had significantly exceeded the limit on its plan; a violation of T-Mobile’s Terms and Conditions. We let you know that, if repeated, your account would be moved from its promotional 2 for $100 Unlimited 4G LTE on your smartphone plan to our 2GB 4G LTE plan with the choice to upgrade to higher data plans; however, the violating line on your account would no longer be permitted to be on any plan with unlimited 4G LTE on-smartphone data.
Because the line on your account continued to violate our Terms & Conditions in this way:
- This account will be was moved from its promotional 2 for $100 Unlimited 4G LTE on your smartphone plan to our standard Simple Choice family plan.
- Each line on your new rate plan has will be moved to our 2GB 4G LTE data plan which can be used on your smartphone or other devices via Smartphone Mobile HotSpot. A monthly rate plan cost savings of at least $10 will be reflected on your future bill.
- If this move occurred occurs in the middle of your bill cycle and you have already used more than 2GB of high-speed data for this bill cycle, you will immediately experience reduced data speed, up to 128kbps, until the start of your next bill cycle.
- You will no longer be eligible for features or feature discounts for which an unlimited on-smartphone LTE plan is required.
- You will have the choice to increase your data plan to one that best fits your needs at any time via the T-Mobile app on your phone, logging into my.t-mobile.com, or calling 1-877-275-1735 FREE Monday-Friday between the hours of 5am and 5pm PST. However, the violating line is no longer permitted to be on a plan with unlimited 4G LTE on-smartphone data. Any attempt to switch that line back to such a plan will be systematically blocked.
- Please note that if you decide to cancel a line of service and it has an existing EIP (Equipment Installment Plan) or lease balance, it would be charged in full on your final bill.