Stuffed Shells with Spinach
Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 7 quarts
Serves 8 people
Recipe adapted from everydaygoodthinking.com
- 1 cup frozen spinach, chopped, thawed, and squeezed dry
- 1 container (12 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 28 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) marinara sauce
- Parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl, stir spinach, ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Divide and fill each shell with ricotta mixture.
- Add 3 cups of sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place 14 stuffed shells in the bottom of the slow cooker. Spoon 2 cups marinara sauce over shells.
- Top with remaining stuffed shells and sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 until shells are cooked. Remove lid and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the shells. Wait 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley.