Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 7 quarts
Serves 8 — 10 people
Recipe adapted from delish.com
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Large pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chip
- Using two 4- to 5-inch strips of parchment paper, line the bowl of the slow cooker in an X formation.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour cookie dough into slow cooker and smooth top with a spatula.
- Cover and cook on high for 21/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours or until the cookie is almost completely cooked through and only slightly soft in the center.
- Cookie can be kept warm in the slow cooker for up to 3 hours.
- Remove insert from the slow cooker base and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Use the parchment paper to remove the cookie; slice and serve.