Cheesy Spinach and Mozzarella Rigatoni
Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 7 quarts
Serves 8 people
Recipe adapted from amindfullmom.com
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) package rigatoni
- 1 (10-ounce) package thawed frozen spinach, squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh parmesan for serving
- Mix tomato puree, tomato paste, 2 cups water, oil, honey and spices together in the slow cooker. Set to low and cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to high and mix in 1 cup of water, pasta, spinach and cottage cheese.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and let cook for about 45 minutes for whole grain pasta and 25 minutes for white pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.