Slow Cooker Size: 5 or more quarts
Serves 12 people
Recipe adapted from themagicalslowcooker.com
- 2 (14-ounce) packages smoked bratwursts
- Cooking oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- Mustard (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add enough cooking oil to cover the bottom. Add the brats and brown them on all sides; this can be done in 2 batches.
- While the brats are browning, add the onion, bell peppers, garlic and black pepper to the slow cooker.
- Add the browned brats on top of the onion and peppers. Pour over the beer.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Serve the brats, onions, and bell peppers over rolls.
- Top with mustard if desired.