Security and Your Wireless Device
Along with the considerable resources T-Mobile has and will continue to dedicate to customer security, there are some specific actions you can take to help protect your mobile phone accounts, voicemail, and personal data.
- Utilize passwords to safeguard your personal information in the following three areas:
- On MyT-Mobile.com - the Web self-service tool
- Attached to your account, when calling Customer Care
- On your voicemail box
- Be sure your password to access My T-Mobile has a combination of letters and numbers.
- Change your passwords at least every 60 days.
- Don’t use the same password for all systems or providers that require one.
- Make your password easy to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Don't store your passwords on any computer system.
- Never give out your passwords, even to friends or family.
- Never give your password for online access over the phone or in an e-mail.
- Never leave your wireless device unattended in a public place, or visible in your car.
- If you lose a device, or there is suspicious activity on your account, call T-Mobile immediately.
If you have a question about password protection, you may contact us by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone or 1-800-937-8997 from any phone, or you may contact our privacy office at any time by sending an e-mail to Privacy@T-Mobile.com.