- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility of Entrants (Nominators). Subject to the additional restrictions below, the T-Mobile for Business Small Business Grant Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of Ohio who, at the time of entry, are (i) 18 years of age or older and (ii) are an officer, director, or authorized representative of the Nominated Business (as described below). Employees of T-Mobile USA, Inc., (“Sponsor”), iHeartMedia, Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
To be eligible to be nominated, business (the “Nominated Business”) must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominated Business headquarters are located in Ohio.
- Nominated Business is a corporation, limited liability company, or limited partnership (sole proprietorships and general partnerships are not eligible to be Nominated Businesses).
- Nominated Business has an active website.
- Nominated Business had annual gross revenue of less than $5 million in fiscal year 2020.
- Nominated Business has been legally formed and conducting active business for the previous twenty-four (24) months from the start date of the Contest.
- Exception: If the Nominated Business was required to temporarily close due to legally mandated COVID-19 restrictions during the previous twenty-four months, the period of such legally mandated closure will be deemed included as actively conducting business.
- The Nominated Business may not be any of the following: Businesses which sell wireless services or equipment; nonprofit or charitable entities or organizations, religious organizations; governmental entities; public or private schools, colleges, or universities; businesses providing adult entertainment services or related products; political action committees, political campaigns, political parties, political nonprofits, or other similar political entities; or businesses in the CBD or marijuana industry.
- Nominated Businesses may be required to provide documentation substantiating their eligibility, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 5, 2021 and end at 5:00 p.m. ET on December 3, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
Enter by visiting the T-Mobile for Business’ Small Business Grant Contest official registration page (an “Entry Page”) located on the “Contests” page of one of the radio stations’ (each, a “Station”) websites noted below (each, a “Website”):
- WMMX MIX 107.7 (Hot AC): https://mix1077.iheart.com/
- 104.7 WTUE (Classic Rock): https://wtue.iheart.com/
- ALT 103.9 WZDA (Alt): https://altdayton.iheart.com/
and complete all the required information and follow all posted instructions on the Entry Page to submit an entry.
Entries must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. ET on December 3, 2021.
As part of the Contest entry process, you must enter and respond to the Contest question, explaining how the Nominated Business used the ability to connect from anywhere to help you support and/or grow your business over the past year, and the Nominated Business’s participation in community service.
Maximum one (1) entry per person per eligible small business during the Contest Period, regardless of which Station Website was used to enter.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
- Entry Restrictions. Your entry (1) must be suitable for a general audience; (2) must be original; (3) cannot contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content (all as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); (4) cannot contain any commercial content that promotes any product(s) or service(s) other than the Nominated Business; (5) cannot contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than works and intellectual property that you own, or for which you have obtained royalty-free rights for Sponsor to use in connection with this Contest) (collectively, “Authorized Assets”). Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any materials that are not original to you, not in the public domain, or that are not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the foregoing restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner Selection. At the end of the Contest Period, one (1) entry will be selected as the potential winner by a committee of judges consisting of T-Mobile employees, as selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion, based on the following criteria (“Criteria”), weighted as set forth below:
- Most effective use of the ability to connect from anywhere to support and/or grow your business over the past year (50%);
- Impact of the business on the community through community service (25%); and
- Clarity and composition of the entry (25%).
The one (1) highest cumulative score will be designated as the Potential Winner.
All decisions of the Contest judges are final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential Grand Prize-Winning Nominated Business if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the entry submitted by such nominator is not honest or accurate, or if the Nominated Business does not satisfy the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 2.
- Prize Description. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the one (1) Grand Prize-Winning Nominated Business will receive an advertising package from Sponsor with a value not to exceed $10,000, on the Station selected by the winning business, including:
- Production of a mutually agreed upon number of advertisements, with production by the selected Station; and
- Placement of the produced ads on the selected Station
- Subject to availability and in the selected Station’s discretion;
- Approximate retail value of prize package: $10,000. For avoidance of doubt, prize will be awarded in the form of advertising production and placement only. No cash will be awarded.
IN ADDITION TO ANY LIMITATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN, SPONSOR MAKES NO GUARANTEES AS TO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF ANY ELEMENT OF THE ADVERTISING PACKAGE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCREASE IN SALES, PROFITS, OR CONSUMER ENGAGEMENT.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. The nominator of each potential winning Nominated Business will be notified on or about January 7, 2022, at the telephone number and/or email address provided on the nominator’s entry form.
In order to claim a prize, the potential winning Nominated Business must respond to Sponsor’s notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice. To receive the prize, the potential winning Nominated Business must respond to Sponsor’s notification and provide required information. If a potential winning Nominated Business does not respond to Sponsor’s notification within 48 hours, it will be disqualified and will forfeit all interest in the prize. Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, intellectual property assignment, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within five (5) business days of notification, and a written commitment to accept prize delivery on the scheduled date and time.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner based upon the entry that received the next highest score according to the judging criteria.
A NOMINATED BUSINESS IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF NOMINATED BUSINESS’ ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Station has final approval of all advertising created as part of prize package. Broadcast dates and times for advertising subject to inventory availability and decided in Station’s sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Federal Employer Identification Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Authorization. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (I) YOUR ENTRY IS ORIGINAL, WAS LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED, AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER LEGAL, EQUITABLE, OR MORAL RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY; (II) YOU HAVE OBTAINED PERMISSION TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY FROM EVERYONE NAMED, DESCRIBED, OR APPEARING IN YOUR ENTRY AND YOU CAN MAKE THOSE AUTHORIZATIONS AVAILABLE TO SPONSOR UPON REQUEST; (III) THE ENTRY YOU ARE SUBMITTING HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN PUBLISHED OR ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION AND IS NOT CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR PUBLICATION; AND (IV) YOU WILL NOT DISSEMINATE OR OTHERWISE SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY TO ANY OTHER ENTITY FOR PUBLICATION.
- Publicity Release and License. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, IHEARTMEDIA, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
- Indemnification. If Sponsor’s use of your entry causes Sponsor to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
- Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE(S) AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize based upon which entries received the highest scores according to the judging criteria.
- Construction; Governing Law. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law rules, and all claims will be resolved in the federal or state courts of King County, WA.
- Sponsor. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after January 7, 2021) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable).
T-Mobile for Business Small Business Grant Contest OFFICIAL RULES
Let's get started.