Last modified on March 8, 2011
Asurion Mobile may have access to or acquire certain personal information in connection with Your download, access or use of Mobile Security (Personal Information), including without limitation as follows: When You download Mobile Security onto Your wireless communications device (Device), either through Your Device or the wireless carrier on whose network You are using Your Device (Carrier), Asurion Mobile will automatically have access to Your Device phone number and also might have access to information located on Your SIM card. In addition, Asurion Mobile may acquire information relating to Your use of Mobile Security and Carrier services, including without limitation location tracking information which may occur even when Mobile Security is not actively open and running in the foreground. Finally, Asurion Mobile may ask You or Your Carrier for personal information or use Your Device phone number or SIM Card to acquire information from Your Carrier. In particular, to provide the Mobile Security location based services, Asurion Mobile may have access to or acquire location information from Your Carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from Your Device that You used to or on which You set up a Mobile Security account. Some of the foregoing information Asurion Mobile may have access to or acquire may include, but would not limited to, Your full name, mailing address, email address, cell phone account number, ESN, personal identification number and location based information. Please note that Your location is tracked only in accordance with Your application settings.
Among other things, Your Personal Information allows Asurion Mobile to track, collect and maintain the data You store or which is otherwise collected and stored in connection with Mobile Security (Archived Data) on storage servers operated by or for Asurion Mobile (Asurion Mobile Storage Systems) and to provide the location of Your device.
By accepting the Mobile Security terms and conditions, You (i) authorize Asurion Mobile to have access to and obtain Personal Information from Your Carrier, certain third-party service providers and directly from Your Device and (ii) authorize Your Carrier and third-party service providers to release such personal information to Asurion Mobile notwithstanding such parties privacy policies.
Use of Information
Asurion Mobile may use Your Personal Information for such purposes as:
- helping to establish and verify Your identity;
- activating and maintaining Your account;
- to the extent that Your Carrier does not provide such services, billing and resolving billing disputes;
- maintaining and providing data back-up services to You, if applicable;
- providing You with location based services, including the locations of Your current and/or previous Devices;
- auditing, research and analysis in order to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services;
- contacting You to offer product or service updates and notices
- responding to Your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions;
- taking good faith steps to enforce our Mobile Security Terms and Conditions; and
- maintaining the security and integrity of Mobile Security and Asurion Mobiles systems.
Disclosure of Information
Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
- Except as explained herein, Asurion Mobile will not use or disclose Archived Data to nonaffiliated third parties for any other purpose without Your express consent.
- Asurion Mobile may disclose Your Personal Information, including location information, and/or Archived Data in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorized subpoena, governmental request or investigation, or as otherwise permitted or required by law, and You understand that such disclosure may be made without notice to You and without Your consent.
- You understand and agree that Asurion Mobile reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer Personal Information, including location information, and/or Archived Data to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of its business or of any of assets or shares of business or a division thereof in order for You to continue to receive the same or similar products and services from the third party.
- Asurion Mobile may share with third parties certain of Your information in summary or other form which does not identify You individually.
Asurion Mobile will retain Your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and Your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of Asurion Mobiles relationship with You.
For Non-United States Residents: Your Personal Information may be processed and stored outside of the state, province or territory in which You reside and/or outside of Your country by Asurion Mobile, an affiliate or an unaffiliated service provider for the purposes set out above and, under the laws of these other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances foreign courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies may be entitled to access Your Personal Information and/or Archived Data.
Asurion Mobile has implemented measures to help protect against the unauthorized access, loss, misuse and alteration of the Archived Data and Your Personal Information. Asurion Mobile utilizes security measures and encryption technology to help protect the integrity of the Archived Data and Your Personal Information. After Mobile Security is installed, the Archived Data and Your Personal Information generally is encrypted before being transmitted over the Internet to Asurion Mobile. The Archived Data and Your Personal Information will be encrypted by Your phone before it is transferred to Asurion Mobile Storage Systems. Notwithstanding the foregoing, technology limitations may prevent encryption in some instances. Once Asurion Mobile receives the Archived Data and Your Personal Information, it is authenticated and protected by a firewall.
In addition, the following data security measures will be taken with respect to Your Archived Data and Your Personal Information:
- Asurion Mobile will restrict access to Your Archived Data and Your Personal Information within the company to people on a need-to-know basis.
- Asurion Mobile will restrict physical access to Your Archived Data and Your Personal Information.
- Asurion Mobile will track and monitor access to network resources and Your Archived Data and Your Personal Information.
- Asurion Mobile will regularly test its security system.
Asurion Mobile uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards against loss, theft, misuse, disclosure, alteration and destruction of or unauthorized access to Your Archived Data and Your Personal Information. Asurion Mobile cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information that Asurion Mobile receives on Your behalf to operate the Mobile Security services or that You transmit to Asurion Mobile, including Your Personal Information and Archived Data, and You do so at Your own risk. Asurion Mobile also cannot guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of Asurion Mobiles physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. While Asurion Mobile uses commercially reasonable data encryption, Asurion Mobile cannot ensure or warrant the security of any of Your information while in transit from Your Device to Our servers. Asurion Mobile will notify You of any suspected or confirmed loss or theft of the Archived Data and Your Personal Information to the extent required by and in accordance with applicable state, provincial and federal law. Asurion Mobile may attempt to notify You so that You can take appropriate protective steps or Asurion Mobile may post a notice on the Mobile Security website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where You live, You may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing in which case Asurion Mobile will notify You in writing of such security breach.
Your Device may contain other third party software which collects and transmits Personal Information or other information. Asurion Mobile is not responsible for any Personal Information or other information which may be stored or transmitted by any such third party software. In addition, Asurion Mobile is not responsible for any Personal Information or other information that You display publicly or that becomes publicly known as a result of Your actions.
Changes in Policy
Asurion Mobile Applications, Inc. Attention: General Manager
1400 Fashion Island Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94404
Phone Number: 650-349-9401