Back to About T-Mobile
Privacy & Security Resources
Security and Your Wireless Device
Along with the considerable resources T-Mobile has and will continue to dedicate to customer security, there are some specific actions you can take to help protect your mobile phone accounts, voicemail, and personal data.
Utilize passwords to safeguard your personal information in the following three areas:
- On MyT-Mobile.com - the Web self-service tool
- Attached to your account, when calling Customer Care
- On your voicemail box
- Be sure your password to access My T-Mobile has a combination of letters and numbers.
- Change your passwords at least every 60 days.
- Dont use the same password for all systems or providers that require one.
- Make your password easy to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Don't store your passwords on any computer system.
- Never give out your passwords, even to friends or family.
- Never give your password for online access over the phone or in an e-mail.
- Never leave your wireless device unattended in a public place, or visible in your car.
- If you lose a device, or there is suspicious activity on your account, call T-Mobile immediately.
If you have a question about password protection, you may contact us by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone or 1-800-937-8997 from any phone, or you may contact our privacy office at any time by sending an e-mail to Privacy@T-Mobile.com.