The T-Mobile Timeline
- Delivering Competitive 4G Experience: T-Mobile delivers a compelling 4G network (HSPA+ 21) covering 217 markets across the country, reaching well over 200 million people. T-Mobile continues to upgrade its 4G network to support faster 4G (HSPA+ 42) speeds which are available in 175 markets, covering more than 184 million people. The recently announced Samsung Galaxy S® Blaze 4G, launching in March, is the newest smartphone in T-Mobile's portfolio to support the faster speeds offered by the HSPA+ 42 network.
- LTE Launch Planned for 2013 - T-Mobile will improve existing voice and data coverage and pave the way for long term evolution (LTE) service in 2013. T-Mobile will invest a total of $4 billion over time into network modernization and LTE deployment. Over the next two years, this represents approximately $1.4 billion in incremental network investment. T-Mobile expects to reach broad deployment of LTE, with service in the vast majority of the top 50 markets and 20 MHz service in 75 percent of the top 25 markets.
- T-Mobile's Thinnest Smartphone: The HTC One S is T-Mobile's thinnest smartphone (7.95mm), featuring an ultra-sleek, aluminum unibody design. The next smartphone to take advantage of 4G technology (HSPA+ 42) running on America's Largest 4G Network, the HTC One S is T-Mobile's first product to ship with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and HTC Sense 4. With complete Beats Audio integration, the HTC One S is enabled for richer, more authentic sound when consumers listen to music. With HTC ImageSense, improvements are brought to every part of the HTC One S's 8-megapixel camera, including lens, the sensor and the software. Equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor by Qualcomm®, the HTC One S delivers powerful performance while Web browsing, streaming movies and watching TV shows on the device's 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED touch screen.
- Commitment to Helping Small Businesses - T-Mobile USA, Inc. reiterated its commitment to small business as the first wireless carrier to offer Square credit card readers from San Francisco-based Square, Inc. in select retail stores. When T-Mobile's fastest 4G smartphones running on America's Largest 4G Network® are combined with Square, small businesses can accept credit card payments in the U.S. nearly anywhere, anytime, with the money from transactions sent for deposit into their bank accounts the next business day.
- Evolving the 4G Smartphone Portfolio: T-Mobile's portfolio of more than 25 4G devices gives customers quick access to content on the go. T Mobile introduced several new handsets to its 4G lineup: the Nokia Lumia 710, T-Mobile® myTouch®, T-Mobile® myTouch® Q, LG DoublePlay, HTC Radar 4G, Samsung Exhibit II 4G, BlackBerry® Bold 9900, BlackBerry®Torch 9810, Galaxy S 4G, T-Mobile® myTouch® 4G Slide, T-Mobile Sidekick® 4G, T-Mobile® G2x® with Google, HTC Sensation 4G and the Samsung Exhibit 4G.
In addition to a full portfolio of 4G devices, T-Mobile introduced its first smartphones capable of the 4G (HSPA+ 42) network - the Samsung Galaxy S II and HTC Amaze 4G, with average download speeds approaching 8 Mbps and peak speeds around 20 Mbps. T-Mobile also introduced the T-Mobile Sonic 4G Mobile HotSpot, T-Mobile's fastest mobile hotspot, providing access to T-Mobile's 4G (HSPA+ 42) network for up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices including iPad®s*, tablets, music players, gaming consoles, laptops, cameras and e-readers, among other devices, all from virtually anywhere.
- America's Largest 4G Network: T-Mobile doubles the speed of its 4G network, which offers devices capable of delivering peak download speeds of up to 42 Mbps. Available in 208 markets areas reaching more than 200 million people from coast to coast, T-Mobile has doubled the speed of its 4G network in 163 markets across the country, bringing these faster 4G speeds to 180 million people across the country. By doubling the speed of its 4G network, T-Mobile offers its customers an unprecedented wireless experience, fueled by improved performance in the use of rich media applications, including creating and sharing mobile content, streaming video, and participating in multi-player gaming and videoconferencing.
- The Year of the Tablet: T-Mobile continues its Android leadership, introducing three Android-powered tablets and declaring Android its primary platform for tablet innovation. Following on the success of the Galaxy Tab, the T-Mobile® G-Slate with Google and the first 4G tablet on T-Mobile's network the Dell Streak 7. T-Mobile brought to market an additional three 4G Android Tablets. The T-Mobile SpringBoard with Google, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. The devices allow for computing on the go with Mobile Video Chat from Qik, Web browsing with full Flash support and front-facing cameras, all on T Mobile's 4G network.
- New Global Redesign: T-Mobile USA, Inc. rolled out a new global design for nearly 400 new and remodeled stores across the country. In an ongoing commitment to provide the ultimate customer experience, T-Mobile adopted the new design format from its parent company, Deutsche Telekom AG, which has received positive customer feedback for this new design in retail stores across Europe. The new design provides a clear customer journey, making shoppers feel comfortable and simplifying the purchase process. T-Mobile has opened or remodeled stores in approximately 65 markets across the country in an effort to serve and grow with the needs of its customers, as well as continue to invest in local communities.
- Offering Affordable Rate Plans: T-Mobile offers overage-free, unlimited data plans with our Value and Classic unlimited plan bundles. Each data plan includes an allotment of high-speed data (i.e. 2 GB, 5 GB or 10 GB), which allows customers to only pay for the high-speed data they need without worry of surprise costs or data being cut off. Once the high-speed data allotment is reached, customers may continue to have access to data at reduced speeds for the remainder of their billing cycle or upgrade to a plan with a higher allotment of high-speed data. Each of the plans includes unlimited nationwide T-Mobile to T-Mobile calling, and unlimited nights and weekends. With T-Mobile Value plans, they offer flexible pricing for unlimited data and available with affordable monthly payments on any of T-Mobile's phones and mobile broadband devices, including the latest 4G smartphones and tablets, the new Value plans could save customers hundreds of dollars annually.
- Offering Sport Fans Unique Tablet Rental Program: T-Mobile partnered with the Los Angeles Angels to provide fans with a unique tablet rental program, giving fans customized content designed to enhance their experience while watching their favorite team at Angel Stadium of Anaheim. Angels fans choose to rent either a Samsung Galaxy Tab or the 4G T-Mobile G-Slate. Rentals come equipped with a "quick start" guide and a simplified content experience as a result of T-Mobile's partnership with Zinio and MobiTV.
- Most Advance Camera of Any Smartphone: The myTouch® 4G Slide, features the most advanced camera of any smartphone with zero shutter lag, backside illuminated sensor and additional premium digital camera features that offer consumers a viable replacement for their digital point-and-shoot cameras. Ideal for capturing that perfect moment with photos that rival high-end dedicated digital cameras, the myTouch 4G Slide comes with an 8-megapixel camera with a dual LED flash and a host of advanced digital camera features of improved low-light performance, zero shutter lag, The myTouch 4G Slide allows customers to instantly capture, and share, quality photos and videos with a dedicated camera button and one-touch access to post to Facebook®, Picasa® or Flickr® - all at 4G speeds. A true camera and camcorder replacement, the myTouch 4G Slide features a full HD 1080p camcorder with audio recording and ability to edit videos directly from the device.
- A New Communications Brand: T-Mobile introduced Bobsled by T-Mobile, a new brand aimed at bridging traditional telecommunications and Internet-based voice and data services to enable people to stay connected in a simple and cost-effective way. Bobsled functionality provides users with an easy, seamless way to call Facebook friends from most desktop browsers, Android-powered smartphones and tablets, and Apple® iOS devices, including iPhones®, iPads® and iPod Touch® products. Bobsled users can call any mobile or landline number in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico for free. Users simply open Bobsled from their browser on a Mac or PC and dial a number using an open Internet connection from anywhere in the world.
- World's Most Ethical Company: For the third consecutive year, T-Mobile USA, Inc. was recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2011 World's Most Ethical Companies. Out of a record number of nominations for the award, T-Mobile secured a hard-earned spot on the list by continuing to implement ethical business practices and initiatives that are instrumental to the company's success, while benefitting the community and raising the standard for the industry. T-Mobile was also the only U.S. wireless telecommunication service provider listed this year.
- Sidekick Reborn: T-Mobile USA, Inc. and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), unveiled the new T-Mobile Sidekick® 4G by Samsung. The Android - powered smartphone pays tribute to its heritage with its stylish good looks and a killer keyboard while redefining messaging and upgrading to 4G speeds. The new Sidekick 4G leverages its quality keyboard along with Sidekick Group Text and Cloud Text to redefine messaging. In addition, the device comes equipped with DriveSmart from T-Mobile, a first-of-its kind service from a U.S. carrier, that helps prevent distracted driving.
- T-Mobile's Focus Remains Unchanged: An agreement was announced in late March under which AT&T proposed to acquire T-Mobile USA. Through regulatory government reviews the deal was ultimately terminated in December by AT&T and Deutsche Telekom (DT). Through the process T-Mobile remained a separate company and continued to operate independently. Our focus remained unchanged: to make the latest mobile products and services affordable for everyone.
- T-Mobile Global for Business: T-Mobile USA, Inc. introduced the T-Mobile® Global for Business plan, a unique approach to international voice and data roaming that reinforces the company's commitment to support multinational corporations (MNCs), as well as government agencies and U.S. enterprises conducting business internationally.
- Continuing Customer Care Performance: T-Mobile was awarded the highest ranking, for the second consecutive time, in J.D. Power and Associates' 2011 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study- Volume 1.The study found that T-Mobile is the highest-ranked among all wireless providers in overall customer care performance, with results significantly better than the industry average. The results announced reinforce T-Mobile's track record as an organization with a strong focus and commitment to providing an outstanding customer experience on the phones, in stores and online at http://www.t-mobile.com.
- Making Prepaid More Accessible and Affordable: T-Mobile announced the availability of a T-Mobile prepaid, no term contract handsets to complement T-Mobile's innovative prepaid plans and services in the retail chains of 7-Eleven® stores and in nearly 6,000 Family Dollar locations. In addition, T-Mobile began to offer a $30 unlimited web and text monthly 4G prepaid service plans - exclusively in-store at more than 2,200 Walmart stores and online at www.walmart.com.
- T-Mobile's Next Generation of Smartphones. As the highly anticipated successor to the T Mobile G1, the world's first Android-powered mobile phone, the T-Mobile® G2® with Google breaks new ground as the first smartphone designed to deliver 4G speeds on T-Mobile's new HSPA+ network. The ultra-powerful smartphone designed by HTC delivers web browsing and downloads at 4G speeds and tight integration with Google services.
Additionally, T-Mobile announced a new addition to its exclusive line of Android-powered T Mobile myTouch smartphones. Designed to deliver 4G speeds on T-Mobile's super-fast mobile broadband network, the T Mobile® myTouch 4G offers customers blazing fast access to websites, applications, videos, downloads and more. Built with families in mind, the new myTouch offers new features - from video chat to an HD camcorder - to help customers connect more easily, more quickly and more often to their closest family and friends.
- Opening New Windows on Mobility. A longtime supporter of Windows platforms for smartphones, T-Mobile was proud to announce the HTC HD7, one of the world's first Windows Phone 7 devices. Pairing rich mobile entertainment features and a best-in-class productivity experience with the largest screen available on a Window Phone 7 device, the HTC HD7 will keep customers entertained and connected on the go.
- T-Mobile's Blazing-Fast 4G Network: T-Mobile continued the expansion of its HSPA+ network, making it America's largest 4G network, delivering on the company's commitment to extend 4G coverage to100 major metropolitan areas across the United States. T Mobile plans to offer 42Mbps theoretical speeds in 2011.
- Repeated Customer Satisfaction. The accolades keep pouring in: T-Mobile received its second consecutive highest ranking in the J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study, and third consecutive highest ranking in the J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction Study. These accolades demonstrate T-Mobile's commitment to delivering an industry-leading customer experience online and over the phone, as well as in retail stores.
- A Headfirst Slide. Consumers clamoring for the feel of physical keys beneath their fingertips had reason to rejoice, as T-Mobile brought to market the latest in its exclusive line of Android-powered T Mobile myTouch® 3G smartphones - the T-Mobile® myTouch 3G Slide. The new myTouch 3G Slide combines a roomy slide-out QWERTY keyboard with an incredibly crisp, high-performance touch screen powered by the latest Android software. The T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide is purpose-built for communication, with unique new features that help customers connect more easily, more quickly and more often to their closest family and friends.
- Taking Wireless to New Places. T-Mobile introduced Garminfone, the first Android-powered smartphone with a fully-integrated Garmin navigation experience. Garminfone delivers navigation capabilities beyond what other smartphones and standalone navigation devices provide. Customers can navigate to an address simply by clicking on it from a text or e-mail message, contact, calendar appointment, or Web page. Garminfone can even remember where a customer parked and navigate them back to the car. On-board North American maps offer fast and reliable directions - whether in or out of cell phone coverage and multiple overlapping positioning technologies ensure Garminfone customers have the best location and navigation experience a smartphone can offer. Garminfone is the first to feature Garmin Voice Studio, an Android application, which allows customers to record and share custom voice directions from family and friends.
- A New "Sense" for Mobile Entertainment. T-Mobile introduced HTC HD2, the first Windows Mobile phone with the HTC Sense interface. Offering the largest touch screen on a smartphone in the U.S., the HD2 comes ready to access millions of eBooks, movies, television programs and more. The HD2 provides access to a complete entertainment package consisting of pre-loaded content, new pre-installed applications and entertainment features such as the Barnes & Noble eReader application, the BLOCKBUSTER On Demand® application, the MobiTV mobile application, Paramount Pictures' popular films "Transformers" and "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," and Gogo® Inflight Internet service.
- T-Mobile® myTouch 3G Fender Limited Edition. Following the success of the T-Mobile myTouch 3G with Google, the company teamed up with Fender to design the ultimate rock-and-roll phone for the ultimate rock-and-roll fan - the T-Mobile myTouch 3G Fender Limited Edition. A music lover's dream, the limited edition myTouch 3G reflects the iconic style of the Fender brand with a Fender guitar sunburst finish-inspired design. The device also features an enhanced music player and 3.5mm headset jack to listen to your favorite guitar riffs, as well as a 16GB microSD card preloaded with songs by musicians Eric Clapton, Avril Lavigne, Brad Paisley and Wyclef Jean.
- T-Mobile 3G. T-Mobile rapidly strengthened and grew its 3G high-speed network to cover more than 206 million people across the U.S. In September, T-Mobile became the first carrier to launch an HSPA+ network in the U.S. with a deployment in Philadelphia. T-Mobile's HSPA+ network is capable of speeds far in excess of its 3G HSPA network.
- First 3G Blackberry. BlackBerry® Bold 9700 with Wi-Fi Calling from T-Mobile is a powerful and refined smartphone with top-of-the-line performance to help customers stay in-the-know. Packed with key features such as high-speed 3G Web-browsing, Wi-Fi calling, GPS and visual voice mail, the BlackBerry Bold will offer customers a plethora of tools essential for productivity and convenience. The BlackBerry Bold 9700 with Wi-Fi Calling is the first BlackBerry available with 3G network service and voice calling over Wi-Fi from T-Mobile.
- Android Invasion. Along with T-Mobile myTouch 3G with Google, T-Mobile launched two additional Android-powered phones in 2009 - Samsung Behold® II and Motorola CLIQ with MOTOBLUR. CLIQ is the first phone to feature Motorola's innovative MOTOBLUR solution, which is a social networking hub that automatically delivers and organizes your conversations, friends and favorite content from many sources to your phone in easy-to-view streams. Behold II combines a full touch-screen display, rich multimedia features and the power of Android into a svelte design, and includes an intuitive cube menu enables quick access to six top multimedia features: music, photos, videos, the Web, YouTube and Amazon MP3 for music downloads.
- T-Mobile Gives You Even More. The Even More and Even More Plus suite of plans gives T Mobile customers more choices than ever before to ensure they get the coverage they need at the price they want. T-Mobile customers can choose standard rate plans with a bucket of minutes allotted per month or select from unlimited talk, unlimited talk and text, or unlimited talk, text and Web. All options include free nationwide T-Mobile-to-T-Mobile calling as well as free nights and weekends. Even More Plus customers pay full price for their handset with T-Mobile offering a new 20-month, interest free payment option for the handset, and there's no yearly service contract.
- T-Mobile Tops Customer Care Rankings. T-Mobile achieved the highest ranking in a tie for the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Wireless Customer Care Performance StudySM for both Volume 1 and Volume 2. Since 2004, T-Mobile has received the highest ranking, including two ties, in nine of the last 11 Customer Care Performance Studies conducted by J.D. Power and Associates.
- RadioShack Partnership RadioShack and T-Mobile joined together to make a broad assortment of T Mobile products and services, including T-Mobile® myTouch 3G with Google available in more than 4,000 RadioShack stores across the United States and Puerto Rico. Additional T-Mobile postpaid devices, all from leading brands and available at RadioShack, include BlackBerry® Curve 8900, Samsung T239, Samsung Comeback, Samsung Gravity 2, Samsung Behold and Sony Ericsson TM506.
- T-Mobile® myTouch 3G with Google. T-Mobile USA, Inc. launched T-Mobile® myTouch 3G with Google, the highly anticipated follow on to the T-Mobile G1 with Google, the world's first Android-powered device. myTouch 3G boasts a touch-screen display with virtual keyboard built into a slim, smooth and lightweight design, plus an array of new features that builds on its popular predecessor. myTouch 3G empowers users to create a unique, individualized wireless phone and experience with themes, thousands of Android Market applications and the ability to richly customize menus, wallpapers and icons. T-Mobile launched its largest product advertising campaign to date for myTouch 3G, with the unveiling of 30-second television spots featuring actors, sports stars and other cultural icons.
- Put Our Value to the Test. T-Mobile is prompting wireless customers to compare the value they are getting with their current wireless provider against other national carriers. People can visit T-Mobile retail stores or T-Mobile.com for a Mobile Makeoversm at no charge. BillShrink.com, an independent third party Web site, will provide people with personalized savings recommendations for everyday bills such as wireless plans, credit cards and gasoline. To help drive home the message that millions of Americans could save money on their wireless service, a familiar face and voice, Catherine Zeta-Jones, is again featured in T-Mobile's television advertising.
- The Next-Generation T-Mobile Sidekick® LX. With an integrated social networking application bundle that includes Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, the T-Mobile Sidekick® LX features 3G for faster data speeds and improved video capabilities, as well as GPS-enabled Live Search, and the sharpest screen and thinnest profile ever delivered on a Sidekick to-date.
- Plug and Play with Your Laptop On-the-Go. The T-Mobile webConnect USB Laptop Stick and webConnect Jet provides customers with seamless connectivity to the Internet on the go via T Mobile's 3G wireless broadband service and Wi-Fi, which includes access to more than 10,000 convenient locations across the U.S. in the T Mobile® HotSpot Network. Accommodating up to 8GB of installable memory, the webConnect laptop stick also provides portable storage for documents, music or movies-eliminating the need for an additional USB memory stick.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For. T-Mobile USA was ranked 96 on FORTUNE's 12th annual "100 Best Companies to Work For" list. A driving factor for the companies on this year's list is that they excel at creating jobs. T-Mobile currently has more than 40,000 employees across the U.S., all dedicated to its stick together® promise to provide customers with ways to stay close to those who are important to them.
- The New T-Mobile Shadow Offers Wi-Fi calling. Featuring a more rounded and compact design with two new color options, support for T-Mobile Unlimited HotSpot Calling, and increased processing power, the new Shadow is the perfect device for sharing life's special moments.
- T-Mobile and The Recording Academy bring music to fans across the country. T Mobile has a new partnership with The Recording Academy® to launch an extensive, multifaceted marketing program in 2009 with T-Mobile and the T-Mobile Sidekick. Building on the success of last year's program, the partnership offers T-Mobile Sidekick customers and music fans the opportunity to be a part of a series of remarkable music experiences throughout the year.
- Thinner and lighter, but packed with power - The new BlackBerry Curve. The elegant and sophisticated BlackBerry® Curve 8900 from T-Mobile is the thinnest, lightest full-QWERTY BlackBerry with the highest resolution screen available and includes popular features like built-in GPS and location-based services like real-time, turn-by-turn directions, Wi-Fi connectivity for voice and data, and full e-mail and messaging options in order to stay connected to your personal and professional life.
- Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. For eco-conscious consumers committed to "going green", T-Mobile is offering a truly ecologically responsible phone - the MOTO w233 Renew. The white and green bar phone is a Carbonfree® - carbon neutral product and is uniquely designed to reduce the environmental impact of the phone by using sustainable materials in its design and recyclable packaging.
- Dunk and Huddle. For the third year in a row, T-Mobile sponsored the only basketball tournament comprised solely of teams from the National Federation of State High School Associations. In addition to the two days of games, all coaches and players of the participating schools joined T-Mobile employees for a T-Mobile Huddle Up community service project designed to improve the after-school facilities at a local community-based organization or public school.
- The first Android-powered phone - the T-Mobile G1 with Google. The T-Mobile G1 combines full touch-screen functionality and a QWERTY keyboard with a rich mobile Web experience, dozens of Android Market applications, and popular Google products that millions have enjoyed on the desktop, including Google Maps Street View, Gmail, YouTube and others.
- Flipping for the New BlackBerry. The BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 is the first flip phone from BlackBerry and is available exclusively from T-Mobile until 2009. The new smartphone maintains the popular features and benefits of the BlackBerry Pearl. Plus it packs numerous enhancements into the sleek and popular flip design, such as enhanced music and video experience, and Unlimited HotSpot Calling.
- Personalize. Personalize. Personalize. The latest edition to the T-Mobile® Sidekick® family provides customers with the opportunity to create shells for their Sidekick with the images, colors or designs they choose. A variety of pre-designed shell patterns and colors also are readily available for customers to purchase, but for true individualization, customers can design a completely unique shell unlike any other using a dedicated online Sidekick site via SkinIt. Doing so is as simple as uploading a personal photo or graphic design, or selecting your own text, shapes, icons or logos.
- Say Goodbye to Goodbye. T-Mobile @Home phone service allows customers to stay connected with those who matter most using their home phone. By plugging their home phone into the T-Mobile @Home HiPort Wireless Router with Home Phone Connection and using their existing broadband connection, customers can now ditch their current home phone service, simplify their finances and lower their home phone bill by adding a home phone line to their T-Mobile service plan. Customers benefit from unlimited nationwide calling at one low price.
- Tony Hawk "drops in" on the Sidekick family. T-Mobile aligned with one of the world's greatest action sports stars, Tony Hawk, for a multiplatform partnership that includes the creation of a limited edition T-Mobile® Sidekick LX device, presenting sponsorship support and programming for Tony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam 2008 North American Tour, and events benefiting the Tony Hawk Foundation.
- Unlimited Calling and Text Messaging. T-Mobile introduced unlimited nationwide wireless calling and unlimited nationwide messaging, offering a great value for new and existing T-Mobile customers. Individual plans are $99.99 monthly; and customers who want a family plan can add up to four additional lines at $49.99 per month, per line.
- Next Generation services. T-Mobile took the first commercial step in the rollout of its third-generation (3G) wireless network utilizing UMTS/HSDPA and expanded the network to more than 130 major cities by the end of 2008.
- T-Mobile Sidekick hosts 50th GRAMMY® Celebration Concert Tour. T-Mobile and The Recording Academy® hosted a five-city concert tour sponsored by T-Mobile Sidekick to provide music and Sidekick fans exclusive access to a concert tour featuring GRAMMY-nominated and -winning artists.
- New BlackBerry devices offer Wi-Fi calling. The BlackBerry Pearl 8120 and BlackBerry 8820 featuring support for T-Mobile's Unlimited HotSpot Calling service for Wi-Fi calling. The BlackBerry 8820 also offers GPS services and the BlackBerry Pearl 8120 maintains the stylish form factor of its predecessor while adding numerous enhancements.
- T-Mobile acquires SunCom Wireless in Southeast. More than 1.1 million customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands are able to benefit from T-Mobile's award-winning customer service and the unique products and services offered by T-Mobile. The acquisition also enhances T-Mobile's network coverage so that the company now serves 98 of the top 100 markets nationally.
- Superior Satisfaction for Wireless Customer Service and Retail Sales Satisfaction. T-Mobile receives the highest ranking from the J.D. Power and Associates' 2008 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study - Volume 1, an honor the company has received for the seventh consecutive reporting period. T-Mobile also ranked highest in the 2008 J.D. Power and Associates Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction Study - Volume 1.
- T-Mobile® joins Google to form Open Handset Alliance. Google Inc., T-Mobile, HTC, Qualcomm, Motorola and others have collaborated on the development of the Android platform, which will provide developers a new level of openness that enables them to work more collaboratively. Android is expected to accelerate the pace at which new and compelling mobile services are made available to consumers. As a founding member of the Open Handset Alliance, T-Mobile is committed to innovation and fostering an open platform for wireless services to meet the rapidly evolving and emerging needs of wireless customers.
- The first generation of the T-Mobile® Shadow. Designed to make feature-rich phones more consumer friendly, the T-Mobile Shadow is the first phone in a planned franchise of phones under the Shadow brand. The Shadow maintains all the powerful calling, messaging and picture sharing capabilities people crave to keep them connected, making it a name that will become synonymous with the playful, easier and richer communications experiences offered only by T-Mobile®.
- Next evolutions in the T-Mobile® Sidekick® family. Two newly designed devices T-Mobile Sidekick LX and T-Mobile Sidekick Slidefeature the must-have assets that make Sidekick the ultimate messaging device and including the newly launched, custom-designed MySpace application. The Sidekick LX features a large WQVGA screen that incorporates high-definition LCD technology, and like the Sidekick iD, features the iconic swivel screen that differentiates a Sidekick from all other handsets. The Sidekick Slide debuts a more pocket-friendly design and the first ever Sidekick with a slide-up screen.
- The Only Phone You Need. T-Mobile HotSpot @Home is a revolutionary new phone and service that provides unlimited nationwide calls over Wi-Fi from home or from any of the 8,500 T-Mobile HotSpot locations nationwide anytime, day or night. When at home, your HotSpot phone seamlessly connects to your Wi-Fi network, ensuring you have the best connection, and therefore the best call quality possible, throughout your home. While out and about, your HotSpot phone works like a mobile phone, sending and receiving calls over T-Mobiles nationwide GSM network or any available T-Mobile HotSpot. T-Mobile HotSpot @Home service is supported on handsets and devices including the Samsung t409 and Nokia 6086 as well as the BlackBerry Curve 8320.
- The First Windows Mobile 6 Device. The T-Mobile Wing, available exclusively from T-Mobile USA, designed to help customers master their busy personal and professional lives. Among the first devices in the U.S. shipping with Windows Mobile 6, the T-Mobile Wing has a blue soft-touch exterior, touch screen, and full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard a great fit for customers seeking a powerful all-in-one device with an eye-catching design and enhanced ease of use
- Sidekick iD Makes A Statement. T-Mobile announces the new T-Mobile® Sidekick® iD, offering the latest in personalization on a communication device at an affordable price. Designed to include the spontaneous communication features synonymous with the iconic brand, the T-Mobile Sidekick iD also offers spur-of-the-moment personalization with easily removable and replaceable exterior panels.
- New Designs and Features. T-Mobile launches the Samsung Blast, a slider-phone with an improved texting experience, the Nokia 5300 XpressMusic, with optimized music offerings, the MOTORIZR with a soft-touch slider form and the MOTOKRZR with Bluetooth and a 2 megapixel camera giving customers choice in selecting cell phones with style.
- Dwyane Wade Joins Sidekick Team. Tipping off NBA All-Star 2007, T-Mobile USA, Inc. announces the newest member of its all-star lineup, the T-Mobile® Sidekick® designed by Miami Heat guard and 2006 NBA Finals MVP, Dwyane Wade. Packed with the same great technology as the T-Mobile Sidekick 3, the new D-Wade Edition is the latest in a series of T-Mobiles iconic devices that provide consumers with new ways to communicate with style.
- Customer Service, Customer Satisfaction and Retail Sales Satisfaction Leader. Confirming its status as the industry leader in customer care and customer satisfaction, T-Mobile USA, announces it has achieved the highest ranking from the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study Volume 1and Volume 2, the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Wireless Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Study Volume 1 and the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction Study Volume 1. This marks the sixth consecutive reporting period in which T-Mobile has received the highest ranking in customer care, and the fifth consecutive reporting for customer satisfaction and retail sales satisfaction studies.
- T-Mobile Invitational. T-Mobile and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) bring together some of the best high-school basketball teams from across the country to participate in the first-ever national tournament sponsored by the NFHS, the T-Mobile Invitational.
- Looking Ahead. The FCC grants T-Mobile 120 spectrum licenses covering the continental United States, Hawaii, Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands, Alaska, and major markets including New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago. This acquisition doubles T-Mobiles spectrum position in the top 100 U.S. markets, to facilitate a planned 2007 commercial rollout of 3G next-generation-network services to enhance core voice services, and deliver applications that will take consumer-based PC functionality mobile.
- stick togetherSM & myFavesSM. The myFaves experience is the first service offering from T-Mobile that embodies the companys fresh new look and new strategic marketing direction. While the brand maintains its signature magenta hue, T-Mobile has a new tagline, stick together, created to underscore the importance of maintaining and enhancing personal relationships, and to reflect T-Mobiles mission of developing and bringing to market innovative products and services that help people effortlessly stay connected to those who matter most.
- Reaching Out. T-Mobile launches a national community outreach program called T-Mobile Huddle Up. Working closely with national non-profit groups City Year and the Afterschool Alliance, T-Mobile employees volunteer time to improve afterschool facilities and programs in communities around the country.
- A Social Lifeline. Building on the success of the T-Mobile® Sidekick® devices, T-Mobile releases the newest generation with the T-Mobile Sidekick 3, boasting a 20% slimmer form factor, Bluetooth® connectivity, a megapixel camera and trackball for easier navigation. The Sidekick brand continues to support the hip-hop and fashion world with the release of two limited editions: a Diane von Furstenberg Sidekick and Lifted Research Group Sidekick.
- Staying Connected. T-Mobile announces kidConnectSM a service plan empowering parents and kids to stay connected on their own terms by controlling total wireless costs and providing certain unlimited features. kidConnect gives parents peace of mind and enables kids to communicate the way they want by using the coolest T-Mobile wireless devices.
- Style and Power. Extending the brand with color and design, T-Mobile introduces several new design-focused phones adding color and slimming down previous form factors, with the Nokia 8801 stainless steel luxury phone, Samsung Trace and t509 slim form factors and t609 multimedia clamshell in white, as well as the Color PEBLs, in green, blue and orange, all enabled for use on a faster EDGE network.
- Smartphones with Solutions. T-Mobile USA Inc. announces the availability of the T-Mobile SDA and the T-Mobile MDA with Windows Mobile 5.0. Both smartphones feature a host of applications to organize hectic work and personal-life schedules.
- A Firmly Established Reality. T-Mobile USA once again receives highest ranking in Wireless Customer Care by J.D. Power and Associates. For the third consecutive reporting period, customers confirm T-Mobile as the leader in Wireless Customer Care.
- We did it again. Once again, T-Mobile USA receives more awards from J.D. Power and Associates than any other wireless carrier-a testament to the company's relentless focus on service.
- Fashion marries technology. T-Mobile offers limited-edition versions of Sidekick®: Juicy Couture and Mister Cartoon.
- Hoop dreams. The NBA and WNBA sign contracts with T-Mobile making T-Mobile the official wireless service partner for both leagues and making way for a broad marketing partnership.
- More customers sticking together. T-Mobile surpasses the 20-million-customer mark, having doubled its customer base in the last ten years.
- Hotter with HotSpots. T-Mobile announces network expansion, roaming partnerships, and customer growth on its Wi-Fi HotSpot network-now offered in more than 18,000 locations in more than 20 countries around the world.
- Straight up prepaid. T-Mobile revolutionizes prepaid wireless service with its new T-Mobile To Go service that offers no contracts and no hidden fees.
- At your service. The ongoing commitment to excellent customer satisfaction earns T-Mobile USA highest honors in several independent J.D. Power and Associates studies.
- Connecting the spots. HotSpots, that is-free software from T-Mobile USA makes locating and using its HotSpot locations more convenient than ever before. T-Mobile Connection Manager gives laptops and Internet devices the power to automatically detect and log on to the T-Mobile HotSpot network.
- Let it ring. T-Mobile USA introduces HiFi Ringers®, the high-fidelity ringtones that let customers hear actual lyrics and original music clips from their favorite bands-every time their phones ring.
- The source for emergency support. T-Mobile USA wins a nationwide wireless priority service (WPS) contract-and the privilege of supporting designated national security and emergency preparedness personnel with enhanced wireless capabilities during emergencies.
- Look Mom, no wires! T-Mobile USA is the first wireless carrier to introduce video messaging services in the United States-and customers start sending and recording full-motion, full-color, full-sound messages from their wireless phone.
- Color is a kick. The award-winning color version of the T-Mobile Sidekick is released-making Web surfing, AOL® Instant Messenger Service, e-mail, games, snapshots, and voice calls even more fun.
- Hello, world! VoiceStream Wireless officially becomes T-Mobile USA, launching service in California and Nevada. Even as the T-Mobile global brand debuts in the US, internationally acclaimed actress Catherine Zeta-Jones signs on as the global spokeswoman.
- One more first. Want text with your voice? T-Mobile USA is the first to deliver the BlackBerry® wireless handheld e-mail solution with integrated phone.
- The spots are spreading! Wireless data users also enjoy the debut of T-Mobile USA with the announcement of T-Mobile HotSpot plans for 400 Borders locations, as well as 100 of the most-frequented airport clubs and lounges operated by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines.
- Auspicious beginnings. From the merger of General Cellular and Pacific Northwest Cellular, Western Wireless grows into a PCS provider for several western and southwestern states as well as Hawaii. After a successful public offering by Western Wireless, VoiceStream Wireless is launched.
- Recognize me? VoiceStream Wireless grows its capabilities and personality-building coverage, advanced customer care centers, and, with the signing of actress Jamie Lee Curtis, a nationwide message: Get More.
- Up, up, up. After spinning off from its parent company, VoiceStream Wireless goes up like a rocket, dramatically extending its footprint through mergers, growing to more than 7 million customers, launching innovations like wireless Internet service, and ultimately merging with Deutsche Telekom AG.
Inquiries? For commercial questions or customer service inquiries, visit our Contacts page.